March 9, 2013

Awkward Moments....and Losing Your Mind

My mom was out for the day and I was in my room reading a book called "Muhajababes". 

I heard my younger sister run past my room and shout, "Dad we have to finish the birthday cake before mom gets home."

That is when panic set in.  What day was it, the 9th? Oh CRAP! My mom's birthday is the 8th! I cannot believe I forgot her birthday! So I rush out and buy her an AMAZING watch.  I stop to buy some pretty purple paper to wrap the gift in and write her a nice note in the card.  After I put everything together, I go home to give her the gift.

When I hand it to her, she says, "What is this for?" So I explained it was for her birthday and proceed to tell her how sorry I was for forgetting her birthday.

She laughs, says, "It isn't my birthday! T, we are in the month of March!"

AWKWARD MOMENT COMMENCE!

I really have no idea why I thought this! I know my mother's birthday.  I guess sometimes we just lose our minds.  After all, I did put my favorite ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Half Baked) into the fridge instead of the freezer last night. 

At the end of the day, I am glad my mom got a surprise and liked her gift.  If anyone deserves a million gifts it is her.

-Tenacious T.

No comments:

Post a Comment