March 3, 2013

Life of Pi


I broke my #1 rule and it was worth it!

Rule #1: Never see a movie without reading the book first.

If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, make a trip to your local bookstore or cinema.  The author of Life of Pi really knows the human condition.  Many of the story's themes I can personally relate to, especially the themes of religion and closure, likely one of the reasons I loved the movie.

In a way, Life of Pi answered a lot of questions I had about life, and especially religion.  It also confirmed answers to questions I already thought I knew.

I don't want to tell you anymore about the story besides I would be surprised if you didn't walk away from it changed in some way.  I wouldn't do it justice anyway.

Please go see this or BUY THE BOOK! I will be doing just that shortly!

-Tenacious T.

2 comments:

  1. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen, and I've read the book so my expectations were very high. It made me laugh, cry, and most of all, really THINK about things at a deeper level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the book and planned to read it. I had the same reactions when I saw the movie. I really related with the main character and his journey to find a faith that suited him. I was raised with one religion, but have since started to look into others, mainly Islam. At the end of the movie when he says "so it is with God" I got chills. It was what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete